Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Making Friends

“A fiend or a friend; you can make it! 10 Ways to Have More Friends, A stranger today a friend tomorrow”. These are some of the topics we mostly come across when looking for some specific technique of making good friends with people. Well in actual nothing like this works!

One of the authors made a strong impact on me by stating that there is only one person who can both teach me how to make friends and at the same time become my best friend. That person is none other than “ME”. The author’s contention is that if a person cannot make friends with whom he is most intimately related to, then he cannot make friends with any other person.

Such a unique perspective stands to reason because to make friends we must know who we really are and to which gathering of friends we belong to. Another fact of importance lies in the other person of what he is like. We must be prepared to accept both oneself and the other person's strengths and weaknesses without being judgmental about it.

Personally I believe that if I know that if I can learn to accept myself despite and because of my qualities, then I would be cultivating in me the most important requirement to making friends a sit would make it easier for others to interact with me.
On the same note, another requirement to making friends is for one to be true to oneself and others that sums up to being sincere. Without the element of sincerity no friendship can survive and last forever. It would be better to dissolve at that time or else you will end up having fake friends.

Instead of striving to achieve someone’s friendship or a situation we must learn to relax and just be who we really are, which will make our potential friend feel comfortable in our company.

Hence more accurately speaking people do not really make friends but discover them.

As the saying goes:
"If you go looking for a friend, you're going to find they're very scarce but if you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."( ZigZiglar)

Post By : Qaswa Kamran

No comments:

Post a Comment